I would like to welcome you to my practice. I love what I do because I get to have a positive impact on people’s lives. This office is unusual in that we treat a large range of ages, from newborns up to eighty years old. It’s great to interact with people from all walks of life and ages. I enjoy being in a setting where I can get to know my patients at a personal level.
Before I became an orthodontist, I obtained my BS in biology from George Washington University. Then I attended Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, where I received my DMD. I earned my certificate in orthodontics and my MS in dentistry from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Finally, I completed a surgical orthodontic fellowship at the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at NYU’s Langone Medical Center and became a craniofacial orthodontist. Most orthodontists complete two to three years of residency training, but I pursued four years, with the final one focused entirely on surgical orthodontics. Although most of my work involves creating great smiles for people who don’t need any type of surgical assistance, my extended training makes it possible for me to help people who have particularly difficult cases.
I continue to take courses in order to learn about the most recent orthodontic developments, because I believe in providing the most up-to-date, proven treatments available.
I'm proud to have received the following awards:
- "Best Dentists" - Washingtonian Magazine
- "Top Dentist" - Northern Virginia Magazine
- "Virginia's Top Dentists" - Virginia Magazine
- "Best Dentist" - Washington Consumers' Checkbook
- "America's Top Dentists" - Consumers' Research Council of America
- "The Best Dentists in America" Directory
- "Brava Women Business Achievement Award" - SmartCEO magazine
- "Dr. Gene Gadaire Award" - Nova Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Included in “The Best Dentists in America” publication
I am a member of the following organizations:
- American Cleft Lip and Palate Association
- International Society of Craniofacial Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Northern Virginia Orthodontic Society
- NOVA Institute of Advanced Dental Education
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association