For almost 20 years, I’ve focused on building strong relationships with each one of my patients while providing the best possible orthodontic care. I decided to go into orthodontics because I wanted to help people, and I am fortunate to be able to do that every day. Being a part of my patients’ orthodontic journey is fulfilling, exciting, and fun!
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
I grew up in Fairfax, Virginia and received my undergraduate degree from George Washington University. After earning my DMD from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and my master’s degree from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, I chose to complete a Surgical Orthodontic Fellowship at the prestigious Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at the NYU Medical Center. This advanced education allows me to help patients of all ages who come to me with a wide range of issues, from minimally invasive to extremely complex.
Having undergone more extensive training than most orthodontists, I am uniquely qualified to treat a variety of orthodontic concerns, including those that require a multidisciplinary approach. As a specially-trained craniofacial orthodontist, I work alongside plastic surgeons to help patients who have anomalies affecting their skull, face, jaws, and teeth. Working with these patients is especially rewarding. I enjoy guiding the surgeons to establish proper facial proportion and jaw alignment.
One of the things I love most about my job is making a difference in my patients’ lives. As a native of Northern Virginia, I’m also passionate about making a difference in our community. I am a Major Benefactor of the McLean Project for the Arts and I support many other local charities, schools, sports teams, churches, and hospitals. I’m a member of the Inova Children's Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team and I’ve dedicated much of my professional life to helping children born with facial differences. I’m also the proud sponsor of a McLean Little League team. (Go Maullers!)
My background in engineering, art, music, and design allows me to shape smiles that are beautiful, healthy, and functional. I am honored to help my patients face the world with renewed confidence and a brighter outlook. When I’m not treating patients you can usually find me out and about in McLean or in Great Falls, where I live with my husband and two children.
AWARDS AND HONORS
I was one of the first orthodontists to receive Invisalign certification in 1999 and I’ve received numerous awards. I am proud to have been voted “Best Orthodontist” by the following:
- "Best Dentists" - Washingtonian Magazine
- "Top Dentist" - Northern Virginia Magazine
- "Top Vote Getter" - Arlington Magazine
- "Virginia's Top Dentists" - Virginia Magazine
- "Best Dentist" - Washington Consumers' Checkbook
- "America's Top Dentists" - Consumers' Research Council of America
- "The Best Dentists in America" Directory
- "Brava Women Business Achievement Award" - SmartCEO magazine
- "Dr. Gene Gadaire Award" - Nova Institute for Advanced Dental Education, local chapter of the Seattle Study Club
- Included in “The Best Dentists in America” publication
I am a member of the following organizations:
- American Cleft Lip and Palate Association
- International Society of Craniofacial Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Northern Virginia Orthodontic Society
- NOVA Institute of Advanced Dental Education
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association